creamy chicken alfredo
Chicken is something my husband and I enjoy eating. I like making this chicken alfredo recipe. I can grab a plate for the kids to have it before I put the chicken in it and we are all happy. Left overs do not last long.
I make this quickly with chicken left overs from a rotisserie chicken. Having the chicken chopped and cooked, just means placing it in the dish. It’s cooked and just needs to warm.
Boiling the noodles in chicken broth gives the dish so much more flavor too (and the family gets protein), but don’t tell them!
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 (8 oz) softened cream cheese
- 1/2 lb fettuccini noodles
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- In a dutch oven, over medium heat, add the olive oil in the pan,chicken and a dash of pepper over the chicken.
- Stir the chicken and once warm (since it's already cooked), add the garlic, chicken broth, half & half
- and cream cheese.
- Add the noodles and reduce the heat on low and cover.
- Allow to simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, serve and enjoy.