A big thanks to Keystone Meats for sending me their delicious canned beef and chicken to review. Opinions are my own and my differ from yours. I was able to make this mouth watering open faced beef n Swiss sandwich recipe below.
Keystone Meats is located in Lima, Ohio. You can find their canned meat and soups online and in local stores. I had the opportunity to try their canned beef and came up with the recipe below.
open faced beef & Swiss sandwich
Keystone Meats are canned with all natural ingredients, just beef and sea salt. It is really delicious. While sampling while cooking, I could have just ate it alone in a bowl. It’s that delicious!
This is perfect as a meal or serve in smaller portions for appetizers.
After making this recipe, we had enough for my husband to take left overs to work. He really liked it because he didn’t leave them in the fridge like normal. He took them for lunch the next day.
Grab your own canned beef and reduce your time in the kitchen.
- 1 14 ounce can Keystone Brand Meat
- pinch of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 slices french bread (buttered on 1 side)
- In your cast iron pan, heat the Keystone Brand Meat.
- Heat the meat up, add a pinch of garlic salt.
- Reduce the liquid of the meat, add the flour to thicken the juices.
- Once it is thickened, you are ready to make your open faced sandwich.
- Take your buttered bread and place in a hot cast iron pan (I removed the meat from the cast iron pan once the sauce was thick and cooked the bread in the juices of the pan).
- Place a slice of cheese down on the bread, then add a layer of meat and another layer of cheese allowing the bread to brown and the cheese to melt.
- Repeat for both pieces of bread.
- Remove once the bread is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy.